Career Consortium Afrika is an EME (Exempted Micro Enterprise) and we have a B-BBEE status of a “Level 4 Contributor” having a B-BBEE procurement recognition of 100%.
Social Commitment information
Career Consortium Afrika has a long and proud history as regards Social Commitment.
Over the past decade we have engaged in the following projects / activities:
- Sponsoring of disadvantaged children through Grades 10, 11 and 12. Thereby ensuring that they were able to pass matric.
- Sponsoring of Scientific Calculators for high school students committed to Maths and Science in Grades 11 and 12.
- Sponsoring and delivery of high-school teacher workshops for teachers of Life Sciences.
- Annual presentations and education sessions to underpriviledged highschools educating Grade 9 students and their parents on the importance of their subject choices as they enter Grade 10 and the ramifications of these choices.
- Sponsoring of a young black business woman through a small business development programme run by Damelin and equipping her with a laptop and printer to allow her to operate her business more effectively.
More recently we chose to engage with the South African Guide Dog association by donating funds to sponsor guide dogs for the blind and physically challenged.
About South African Guide Dog Association – www.guidedog.org.za
SAGA trains on average 65 guide dogs per annum for the blind and visually impaired. The process is human intensive and our guide dogs are trained over and 18 month period. The first phase is spent with their “Puppy Raisers”, dedicated families and individuals who “adopt” a young guide dog puppy for 12 months. Thereafter the young guide dog in training returns to the SAGA centre and is allocated to a qualified guide dog mobility instructor who will formally train the dog for a further 6 months until it is allocated to a blind recipient.
Our Current Initiative – Workshops for Disabled Career Seekers
Currently we plan to run a number of workshops specifically focussed on assisting disabled career seekers. These workshops will assist these career seekers with CV design and interview preparation. These workshops will be held at no cost to the individual.